Yoga pants are the in-thing. But what do yoga pants feel like when you wear them? Find out in our article below.
Yoga pants are the latest trendy pick for many of us. You can even think of them as your go-to pants as they are super comfortable and you can wear them all the time. Yoga pants are usually made from breathable fabric so that you can avoid an uncomfortable workout.
If you have never tried yoga pants and are thinking of trying them on for the first time, this article will help you understand what to expect from them.
Yoga pants are comfy, stylish, and durable, so even if you are a beginner practitioner, you can pick them for yoga as they will help you do yoga better.
How Do You Describe Yoga Pants?
Yoga pants can be described as fitting and stretchy that are designed for helping individuals to perform yoga with ease. One can also wear these while performing other physical activities that involve you to move and stretch. To understand it better, let us see the differences between yoga pants and leggings, as many get confused between both.
- Yoga pants are mainly worn to perform yoga activities like moving, bending, and making postures, whereas leggings are for dancers and acrobats.
- Yoga pants are thicker, making them opaque, whereas leggings are tight and skin-fitting.
You might like to read: What Shirt to Wear with Yoga Pants to School?
What Do Yoga Pants Feel Like?
It feels super comfortable to wear yoga pants as they are comfortable and breathable. Yoga pants help you feel good about yourself since most of them are designed to give your body the perfect combination of comfort and curves.
Yoga pants come in two versions one, figure-hugging and other that are loosely fitted. You can chose your type depending on what makes you most comfortable. When you pick the fabric for tight yoga pants, make sure that it is 4-way stretchable, which will ensure that your pants are not see-through.
Are Yoga Pants Meant To Be Tight?
Yoga pants come in two styles, loose and fitted. Picking up fitted yoga pants doesn’t mean that you would be compromising on comfort. In fact, many people prefer wearing fitted yoga pants during their practice for the following reasons
- Fitted yoga pants stay close to the body and do not flap around. This ensures that you do not trip over your own yoga pants while performing different asanas
- Wearing fitted pants will help you or your yoga instructor to get a proper view of your posture. This would help in adjusting the posture avoid injuries.
- Tight yoga pants will guarantee a full range of motion.
You might like to read: Do Yoga Pants Stretch Over Time?
Why Do Girls Wear Yoga Pants?
Yoga pants are not only a comfy wear but also give shape to your lower body. They will make you look toned and in shape, while showing-off your curves. Apart from this, there are many reasons why girls wear yoga pants.
- Yoga pants, in general, are quite affordable. They would range somewhere between $20 to $30. You might come across some expensive brands, however, do read the reviews before spending a lot of money.
- Yoga pants are comfortable, stretchable and do not move around. Which means you can sit and stand comfortably in any posture without worrying about your underpants showing.
- Yoga pants comes in multiple colors and prints, making them versatile. This means that you needn’t confine them only to your yoga practice and can wear them outside, in casual settings.
- Yoga pants go perfectly with tops, t-shirts and long shirts. So, they have become a must-buy choice for girls as they make their look trendy.
- They don’t occupy much space in your wardrobe. Easy to wash and store, yoga pants is a minimal headache clothing option.
- Yoga pants are quite long-lasting and do not wear off quickly. It is highly likely that you might get bored of them before they begin to show wear and tear.
- Because they are made of stretchable material, you can wear yoga pants even when you feel bloated.
- They come in various lengths, ankle fit, long or till the calves based on your workout. This wide range of options will help users of any age or body shape pick the pants comfortably.
- These yoga pants will not feel suffocating as they breathe well. So, it will even feel comfortable while you sweat during the yoga session.
- Wearing a crop top or one oversized shirt on these pants will make them perfect for traveling. If you add sneakers to the same, it will give a classy airport look.
- The absence of a buttoning system is the best because these are stretchable and have good elasticity, so you need not adjust your pants by unbuttoning them whenever you eat the food.
- Working out in these is comfortable. For example, jumping squat feels so easy and comfortable.
- After wearing these to the gym, you can put on a sweater, change the shoes into footwear, and go out any time.
- Even if you have not entered the gym even for a long time, you will still look athletic. This will fit the body, making you look classy and healthy.
- No one will know if you are wearing the same pants for multiple days. This is because they look classy with the thick cloth avoiding any wear and tear issues while working out.
- Wearing these pants will easily fit them into the boots without any wrinkles, which is the case in jeans. So, you can move around even in the town area wearing these pants.
- You also substitute them for sweatpants as you can wear them in any weather.
You might like to read: Best Yoga Pants For Pear Shaped Body Types
What Does It Feel Like To Wear Leggings? How are they different from Yoga Pants?
Leggings come in wide patterns, colors, and styles. They will hug your legs and look nice and comfortable. You will feel very comfortable wearing leggings. They are easy to wear and carry. You can also comfortably wear them while travelling. They can be worn under short skirts and long tops.
There are two major differences between leggings and yoga pants. One, while flexible, leggings aren’t as flexible as yoga pants and might begin to tear if you do yoga asanas that test your flexibility, like a full split. Second, while leggings are a comfort wear, they do not absorb sweat as well as yoga pants do and neither are they as breathable. This could make you feel claustrophobic, especially if you wear them for high-intensity yoga sessions.
If you are buying yoga pants for the first time, do not worry and go for them. If you are worried that you might actually not be able to continue with your yoga practice and this might be money down the drain, it’s not true.
I do hope that you keep your practice up, but incase not, yoga pants are trendy and super versatile. You can wear them outside of your yoga practice, at home or even outside.
One tip – Whenever you are buying yoga pants look at the options available, the fabric used, and the pattern of the pants. Also, keep in mind your body – based on that you could chose a high-waist, medium-waist or low-waist pants.
So shop today and get your yoga pants and let us know how they feel when you wear them through the comment section below!