How Many Calories Does DDP Yoga Burn? On an average, you can burn 180 to 460 calories with one session of DDP Yoga. This depends on several factors. Read on to know more.
DDP yoga is one of the best ways to work out, and includes stretching, some rehabilitation techniques, and cardio. While performing DDP yoga, many people have this question: How many calories does DDP yoga burn?
So on average, a DDP yoga can burn 180 to 460 calories. This range is so vast because a number of factors come into play like your your body weight and how long do you work out.
In this article, let us further look at
- What is DDP Yoga?
- Why Should You Try DDP Yoga?
- How many calories does a 15-minute yoga session burn?
- Different Ways That Help Burn More Calories
- How many calories do you burn in 30 min yoga?
- Can you burn 200 calories doing yoga?
What Is DDP Yoga?
Yoga has become one of the most popular forms of exercise in the modern world. There are many different types of yoga practices. From aerial yoga to ballet yoga to Hot Yoga, there are different and unique forms of yoga coming up.
DDP Yoga is a new workout practice. It includes an intense workout along with some breathing exercises. However, it does not require you to have exceptional physical strength and focuses more on stretching and breathing exercise.
The main goal of doing this workout is to become more flexible, increase your core muscle strength and help burn more calories.
DDP yoga includes different types of yoga postures, rehabilitation therapy, and breathing exercises that create a great overall workout. With one session of DDP yoga, you can burn around 180 to 460 calories. You can track your calories using the DDP app or through your Apple watch.
You might like to read: How Many Calories Does P90X Yoga Burn?
Why Should You Try DDP Yoga?
You should try DDP yoga because:
- It is easy on the joints and does not require a lot of stretching.
- You can choose the workout session from beginner to advanced level based on your fitness level.
- It is one of the best ways to strengthen muscles, improve flexibility and reduce weight.
How Many Calories Do You Burn in a 15 Minute Yoga Session?
If you do some intense workouts or yoga practice, you can burn 150 calories in just 15 minutes.
- With Yoga Sculpt, you can burn between 100 and 180 calories in 15 minutes
- Doing P90x Yoga for 15 minutes can help you burn anywhere between 75 to 100 calories
- A 15 minute session of advanced Vinayasa Yoga will burn nearly 110 calories
- Hot Yoga helps you burn around 130 calories in 15 minutes
Different Ways That Help Burn More Calories
Let us look at some yoga poses that will help burn more calories.
Plank pose, also called ‘Phalakasana‘ or ‘ helps burns a lot of calories. It engages your muscles, including your abs, shoulders, and glutes, as you hold your body against the force of gravity. The best part is that it does not require any additional equipment.
You can also burn more calories by raising one foot off the mat. The more time you stay in this position, more calories you burn. However, if you are a beginner, we would suggest that you start with the standard plank, without raising your leg. If this also seems hard, you could do a Knee Plank, where in your legs from knee and below are on the mat.
How To Do A Plank or ‘Phalakasana‘?
- Come on the mat, and lie down facing the mat.
- Now raise your body such that your arms are completely straight and hands are directly under the shoulders. You can also keep your hands slightly wider than the shoulder width.
- Ensure that your toes are touching the mat
- Keep your spine straight and look ahead or down, whatever is comfortable
- Start by holding this posture for 20 counts and keep going up as your body allows.
Chair pose is also called ‘Utkatasana’ in Sanskrit. This simple looking pose impacts a number of muscles. These include, arms and shoulders, lower back, glutes, knees, quadriceps, hips, pelvic and gluteus. The trick is to hold it for long, if you want to burn more calories.
How To Do Chair Pose or Utkatasana?
- Stand straight on the top of your mat
- Inhale and raise your hands, parallel to your ears
- Now exhale and bend from your knees, as if you are sitting on an imaginary chair. Bring your thighs to be parallel to the mat, as much as possible.
- Your torso will automatically lean forward. However, make sure that your spine is straight.
- Try to hold the Chair Pose or Utkatasana for 20 counts. Keep increasing the duration gradually.
#3 High Lunge
High Lunge, also called Ashta Chandrasana, helps improve balance and stability and strengthens your leg muscles. Whenever you try to balance any posture, your body needs to work harder and thus it burns more calories.
Do not confuse this with Warrior I pose or Virabhadrasana I, where the back leg is positioned differently than in case of High Lunge.
How To Do High Lunge or Ashta Chandrasana:
- Start be being in the Downward-Facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- Next, exhale and bring your right foot forward, in-between your hands
- Instead of keeping your left foot flat on the mat, come on your left toes
- Now, inhale and raise your torso up.
- Once you find your balance, also raise your hands above your head
- Stay in this position and hold up to 20 counts. Keep increasing the duration, based on your endurance level.
Apart from yoga, dancing is also one of the best forms of exercise that burns as many calories as swimming, walking, or cycling! Though the amount of calories you burn depends on how long you dance and the intensity of your dance.
If you dance for even 30 minutes, you can burn around 200 to 400 calories. The most effective dance style to burn extra calories is Zumba and belly dancing. It will further help improve your coordination, bone density and strengthen muscles.
Swimming is one of the most effective ways to work out. It exercises almost all the muscles and helps burn a lot of calories.
The number of calories you burn depends on your swimming style. For example, with freestyle swimming, you can burn 100 calories in just 10 minutes. While with a butterfly style, you can burn 150 calories in 10 minutes.
Is DDP Yoga Better Than Any Other Workout Session?
Yes, DDP yoga is one of the most effective ways to work out. You should try it once if you are not getting the result from other workout sessions. DDP yoga is a perfect yoga session that encourages people to have a healthy lifestyle. It is excellent for people who have chronic health problems such as knee or back problems. It focuses more on strengthening muscles than stretching them, making it a perfect choice for muscle recovery.
Rather than running or cycling, which puts a lot of stress on the joints, DDPY strengthens your muscles without putting any unnecessary pressure on other body parts.
You might like to read: How Accurate Is Fitbit Yoga?
Answers To Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Calories Do You Burn In 30 Minute DDP Yoga?
You can burn anywhere between 180 to 460 calories in a single DDP yoga session of 30 minutes. Number of calories that you’ll burn will depend on the length of your yoga session and intensity of working out.
Can You Burn 200 Calories Doing Yoga?
The amount of calories you burn depends on the type of exercise or yoga you practice. On average, you can burn 200 calories per hour while doing yoga. By doing some intense or hard workout, you can challenge your body and burn the same number of calories in much lesser time.
Hope you found this blog useful. Enjoy your DDP Yoga Session!